Roasted Vegetable and Feta Tarts
This recipe makes 12 mini tarts
- 400g Organic Butternut Squash
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms
- Medium sized Bell peppers : Red, yellow and green (one each)
- 15-20 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped Red onion
- 1 tbsp chopped Garlic
- 200g Greek feta
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 5 leaves Sweet Basil
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 200g Borg’s Short crust pastry dough
- Finely chop the red onion and garlic.
- Peel and dice the butternut squash into 1 cm cubes. Similarly dice the mushrooms, bell peppers.
- In a wok, use olive oil and stir fry the onions, garlic with fresh thyme till lightly browned.
- Now add in the butternut squash, cumin powder, chopped oregano and basil. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Once the squash seems tender, stir in the diced mushrooms and bell peppers and fry till the water evaporates. Add in the cherry tomatoes and paprika and cook on a low flame for 10 minutes.
- Once the filling has partially cooled, transfer to a large bowl and grate in the feta.
- Roll out the thawed pastry dough to 3 mm thickness and cut out dough shells to fit in a muffin tray.
- Lightly spray the muffin tray with olive oil and lay the tart shells shaping them to fit the moulds. Place about 2 tbsp of filling in each shell.
- Preheat the oven to 200 Degrees Celsius. Bake the filled tarts at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes or until crispy golden brown.
- Serve hot for as a delicious vegetarian main course.