This recipe is for 6 portions
- 2 Red Onions finely chopped
- 3 Tomatoes (large) finely chopped
- 4 medium sized Potatoes
- 1 cup French Beans finely chopped
- 1 medium sized Cauliflower grated
- 1 large carrot grated
- 1 cup baby peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon ginger Garlic Paste
- 3 green chilies
- Aniseed 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Pav Bhaji Masala 1 tablespoon (Brands like Everest, MDH available in most countries )
- Salt to taste
- Coriander to garnish
- Sliced onions and lime
- Finely chop the red onions, tomatoes and French beans.
- Grate the cauliflower and carrots in a food processor
- Boil the potatoes and mash. Keep aside
- In a large wok, heat oil and add the slit green chilies, aniseed and cumin seeds. Stir until they crackle.
- To the seasoning add ginger garlic paste, chopped red onions and fry until golden brown and roast with the Pav Bhaji Masala. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook till done.
- Pour in half a cup of water, add the peas and beans and bring to a boil till cooked.
- Stir in the grated cauliflower, carrots and cook till done.
- As a last step blend in the mashed potatoes, salt to taste.
- Top up with a dollop of butter and chopped coriander.
- Serve hot with toasted whole wheat buns and lime soaked onions on the side.