Saturday night party starters!
Baked Mushrooms with Salsa and Cream Cheese
For the Salsa
- 250g Cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup finely chopped spring onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp Cajun spice mix
- Sweet Italian basil few sprigs
- Olive oil to stir fry
- 250g Swiss brown mushrooms
- 100g Cream cheese / Feta Cheese
- Walnuts to garnish
- Remove stems from mushrooms and discard them.
- Wipe off mushrooms using damp paper towel. Let cream cheese or Feta soften at room temperature and cut into cubes
- Stir fry the spring onion, chopped garlic till brown. Add in finely diced cherry tomatoes and fry till reduced.
- Add the Cajun spice mix and pinched basil leaves and let the mixture cool for 15 minutes.
- Then use a teaspoon to fill mushrooms with the salsa and top with cheese.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees and bake mushrooms for 20 minutes till the cheese melts and is golden brown.
- Garnish with walnuts and serve sizzling hot.